The British Society of Paediatric Radiology are committed to protecting your privacy.
The British Society of Paediatric Radiology represents radiologists in the United Kingdom and Ireland who have a specialist interest in the imaging of children. The Society is recognised as a Special Interest Group by the Royal College of Radiologists. The registered address of the BSPR is c/o Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW
The BSPR can be contacted on [email protected]
What type of information is collected about you?
The personal and sensitive data we may collect will include your:
- Contact details (full postal address incl. contact phone number and email address)
- Date of Birth
- Membership Type
- Training scheme
- Place of work
Why we need this information
We collect and process your data so that we can:
- Administer your membership
- Manage invoicing requests
- Support enrolment for specialty training
- Record potential conflicts of interests for our volunteers
- Provide online event booking
- Give members access to update their mailing preferences of registered users
- Administer submissions to scientific and audit poster competitions
- Capture speaker information for speakers at our annual conference
- Contact members who may wish to have the opportunity to join the Executive Committee or other specialty groups of interest
- Manage requests from people who wish for us to provide certificates and verification of qualifications.
It also helps us:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with membership services and member benefits
- To provide you with information, details of events, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Where you have applied to a third party for a member benefit, to confirm to them that you are a member of the BSTI and therefore entitled to the benefit
- To notify you about changes to our service.
These activities are counted under legitimate interests according to ‘Lawfulness of Processing’ – Article 6(1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property or safety of BSPR or others
- To allow you to receive any membership services or member benefits which are provided by a third party; and/or
- To provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The BSPR will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third parties except when expressed permission has been given by you to the BSPR.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to ask us to provide you with access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data. Providing you this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests. To do this please email or write to us (FAO:Secretary of BSPR, c/o Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. In order to assist us with ensuring your personal information is up to date either contact the BSPR Secretariat or update your details online at www.bspr.co.uk
As a member of the BSPR, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of BSPR membership, which includes your consent to the BSPR contacting you by at least email.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format or to ask us to provide it to a third party.
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data. Please see ICO webpage for further information on your rights. Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Any complaints regarding the method in which we handle your data may be logged by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or sending a letter to our registered address for the attention of the BSPR President.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Where does information go?
The personal data you provide us with through the site is stored on the secure servers of our hosting company Mixd, Platform, New Station Street, Leeds, Ls1 4JB.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as you remain a member of the Society. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, to exercise this right please contact the BSPR secretary.
Contact us about data protection
To exercise all relevant rights, or for queries or complaints please contact the Society at [email protected]