Applications are invited for British Society of Paediatric Radiology Outreach Travel Bursaries to promote and support paediatric radiology in mid and low-income countries.
Applications are open to Consultant Radiologists and Doctors in training, who are members of the BSPR. Applicants must be able to demonstrate active involvement in paediatric radiology, and enthusiasm to explore and to develop new services, and to enjoy teaching and training.
Previous experience of working in developing countries will be advantageous, but not essential. Additional points will be awarded for originality, visiting new locations and projects aiming to establish long-term relations with an overseas centre.
Successful applicants will be expected to present the project and share their experiences at the following annual BSPR meeting, also to cooperate with the outreach group and help provide support to others wanting to be involved in international activities.
There will be two outreach travel bursaries of up to £500 each, allocated annually. One is designed for a Consultant Radiologist and another for a Doctor in Training. At the discretion of the committee, both bursaries may be allocated to Consultants, Doctors in training or merged as one bursary, depending on the number of applications and the strength of a particular proposal.
Completed applications should be submitted, by 30th September, to the Hon Secretary by e-mail at [email protected].
All applications will be evaluated by the Executive Committee and results announced at the annual BSPR meeting.
The application should include:
- Name of applicant, position, place of work and address(for doctors in training -the name of supporting consultant)
- Name of the overseas partner, position, name and address of the institution. (please, include an invitation letter/e-mail, if available)
- Short description of the project (200 -400 words).
- Previous overseas and teaching experience of the applicant (max 200 words)
- Personal comments/expression of interest (max 400 words)
- Short budget proposal. The completed forms will be evaluated by selected members of the Executive Committee (2-4 members) and recommendations discussed at the Exec Meeting in November.
max of 15 points. 1-5 points allocated for section 3-5 of the application form.