Applications are invited for British Society of Paediatric Radiology Education Travel Bursaries to support a BSPR member visit a centre either in the UK or abroad to learn a new skill and bring that skill back into UK practice.
Applications are open to Consultant Radiologists and Doctors in training, who are members of BSPR. Applicants must be able to demonstrate active involvement in paediatric radiology, and an enthusiasm to explore and to develop new services /acquire new skills.
Successful applicants will be expected to present the project and share their experiences at the following annual BSPR meeting.
There will be up to two education travel bursaries of £500 each, allocated annually, designed for a Consultant Radiologist or for a Doctor in Training. At the discretion of the committee, both bursaries may be allocated to Consultants, Doctors in training or merged as one bursary, depending on the number of applications and the strength of a particular proposal.
Completed applications should be submitted, by 30th September, to the Hon Secretary by e-mail at [email protected].
All applications will be evaluated by the Executive Committee and the results announced at the annual BSPR meeting.
The application should contain:
- Name of applicant, position, place of work and address(for doctors in training -the name of supporting consultant)
- Name of a training partner, position, name and address of the institution.
(please, include an invitation letter/e-mail, if available)
- Short description of the project (200 -400 words).
- Previous experience of the applicant (max 200 words)
- Personal comments/expression of interest (max 400 words)
- Short budget proposal.
The completed forms will be evaluated by selected members of the Executive Committee (2-4 members) and recommendations discussed at the Exec Meeting in November.
- max of 15 points
- 1-5 points allocated for section 3-5 of application form